The first European Asbestos Forum will take place on the 27th of May 2015, in Amsterdam, Netherlands, at the NH Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky.
This conference is aimed to improve the exchange of knowledge and to encourage and increase networking opportunities between professionals on all subjects related to asbestos.
On the official website, there is information regarding the program, the conference dinner and the speakers. There is full details about the location and the registration. If you would like to attend.
Among the highlights of the event, and what we would find interesting, are the following speakers:
● “Improving asbestos labour conditions by sharing information” which will have Mark Wit (Project Manager Asbestos Survey and Consultancy at Oesterbaai) as speaker.
● “High-risk occupations: the need for prevention”, the keynote speech given by Dr. Richard Lemen USPHS (ret.) Ph.D., M.S.P.H., retired US Assistant Surgeon General and Acting Director of US National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
● “The Dutch approach of asbestos victims: plenty of room to grow!” - speaker Lydia Charlier LL.M.
● “Asbestos in schools”, a speech given by IATP Director and owner of DMW Environmental Safety, Mr. Wayne Williams.
● “Differences in European asbestos legislation and practice”, by Dr. Herm Zweerts (Arcadis)
● “The importance of asbestos awareness”, by Barry Robson